Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 129  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:06 pm 

Paladin wrote:
So... are you one strong mutha, or what? :roll:

I don't think so. I guess it depends on your definition of "strong." :wink:

I'm 5'4" and currently 150lbs. Working on my conditioning and getting leaner right now. My max strength is WAY down from where it was about a year ago, but I'm not too worried about it. It doesn't take too long for me to get it back or get to where my best lifts have been (if I focus on max strength for about 4-6 weeks). :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm 

hammer time

"this is good...isn't it?" Big Boss

"Ross" - Ross

Member of the RT Jamie Eason fan club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:12 pm 

I hit my PR's in most lifts in November 2005. This was when I maxed with a 300lb squat, 225lb bench (my worst lift!!!) and a 340lb deadlift at 5'4" and 158lbs. Here are a few training pics I took a few weeks before I hit those numbers.

Squats with 255x3 reps.

Close-grip Benching 205x3 reps.

Deadlifts 315x5 (with straps - I stopped using them after this and hit my PR deadlift of 340lbs using a mixed grip and chalk only).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 pm 

Nate that's a nice setup you have there. Did you get that stuff cheap on Craigslist?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 pm 

Steve C wrote:
Nate that's a nice setup you have there. Did you get that stuff cheap on Craigslist?

I bought everything new. I need to take new pictures. I just bought a house and set everything up in the garage (different from the garage pics shown here from 2005).

I went to Play It Again Sports and had them work me a REALLY good deal on stuff. I started building my home gym in July 2004. I bought a Body Solid Power Rack, Flat Bench, 300lb Olympic Barbell set, Weight tree, EZ Curl Bar, Hex dumbbells (15-30lbs) and two 4'x6' mats from a feed store and some of those 2'x2' interlocking mats from Target. I put it in the second floor of my apartment and trained like that from July 2004 - February 2005.

The total cost of the equipment from Play It Again Sports was less than $600. The mats from the feed store were $75 (for both) and the interlocking mats cost me about $40. So I spent just a bit more than $700 on everything.

I already had a few OOOF med balls (4, 6 and 9lb), the Elite FTS dragging sled, a doorway chinup bar from Champs Sports, two kbells (16kg and 24kg), pushup bars and a jump rope that I had purchased starting back around 1999-2001.

Since 2005, I have upgraded my home gym quite a bit more. I purchased the Ironmaster adjustable dumbbell set with the rack and with the add-on kit along with the Super Bench and most of the attachments (~$900 for all + the cost of the dumbbell add-on kit). I also purchased the lat/row attachment for my Body Solid power rack (a great investment!).

I've also purchased sandbags from Josh Henkin and Iron Woody, the 40lb Xvest, Iron Woody Mini Bands, Elite FTS Boards (for board pressing), Jump Stretch bands and a few other attachments for my lat/row attachment.

I now have a total of about $3,300 invested in the entire gym (including the original $700 I invested that started things out).

If I did it over again, I'd make a few changes to save money and to also only buy what I really need and like. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 pm 

Nate Dogg wrote:
Paladin wrote:

I'm 5'4" and currently 150lbs. Working on my conditioning and getting leaner right now. My max strength is WAY down from where it was about a year ago, but I'm not too worried about it. It doesn't take too long for me to get it back or get to where my best lifts have been (if I focus on max strength for about 4-6 weeks). :)

Far out brother, im 5'3" 150lbs. How much can you squat man?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm 

mekael wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
Paladin wrote:

Far out brother, im 5'3" 150lbs. How much can you squat man?

No idea what my current squat is. I had a bit of a layoff starting in November for many reasons where I only lifted 1-3 times a week until the beginning of January. I wasn't squatting much during that time.

My best was 300lbs for a single in November 2005 and then again in the spring of 2006. I would routinely workout with 255-275lbs for 3-rep sets at the time.

I haven't done any heavy squatting since Feb 07. And that's when I was doing 225lbs for 4-5 sets of 8 reps ATG. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:42 pm 

Sweet man. Thats awesome. Great pictures too!

... Makes me wanna go out and train... Stupid recovery week :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 pm 

mekael wrote:
Sweet man. Thats awesome. Great pictures too!

... Makes me wanna go out and train... Stupid recovery week :(

Enjoy your recovery week! Are you still staying active?

Your pictures are impressive. Keep up the good work and thanks for starting this thread. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 pm 

i burnt myself out today pretty badly at the gym. All my joints are inflammed and even my feet hurt pretty badly from doing so much jump rope sprints. The recovery week will definitely help. I hope supercompensation kicks in - I wanna get back to lifting harder and heavier than before.

I'm still doing conditioning, but I gotta take it easy for a few days for my joints to recover. I have a very short recovery time, so I should be good to go at it fairly soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 129  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning