Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: UFC 141
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:06 am 

Holy shit what a great PPV!!!!!

-Overeem is a monster! Can't wait to see him fight Dos Santos, Cain, Carwin, etc. Strikers rule. Although I'm not a fan of Lesnar I am sad to see him go as he was an exciting fighter and always a threat with his size, speed and power. Poor Brock, now all he has to do is to stay home and screw Rena Mero(Sable). Don't you feel sorry for him? Dana probably shit bricks when he announced his retirement as he was easily his biggest money maker. The bar where I caught the ppv was absolutey packed - most there to see Lesnars return.

-Nate put on a BOXING CLINIC in that fight. Love his combinations. Would have liked to have seen Cerrone capitalize on this leg kicks/foot sweeps though. I mean if you are clearly losing the stand up why not try some gnp?

-I dare say Johnny Hendricks H-BOMB is even more devastating than Hendo's. The WW division is by no means cleaned out of top contenders. GSP is in for some sleepless nights.

-Gustafson looked great too, destroyed Vlad and Matt Hamill just as easily as Jones did. He's a future threat but I don't see him beating Jones at the moment.

-Gia Canarro? What a disappointment. This once hot babe now looks like a carpet munching dyke. Get rid of that hat and lose some weight lady.

UFC 141 was a 10 out of 10 for me......mma simply doesn't get better than this.

Post subject: Re: UFC 141
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:22 am 

Zero the Hero wrote:
Holy shit what a great PPV!!!!!

-Overeem is a monster! Can't wait to see him fight Dos Santos, Cain, Carwin, etc. Strikers rule. Although I'm not a fan of Lesnar I am sad to see him go as he was an exciting fighter and always a threat with his size, speed and power. Poor Brock, now all he has to do is to stay home and screw Rena Mero(Sable). Don't you feel sorry for him? Dana probably shit bricks when he announced his retirement as he was easily his biggest money maker. The bar where I caught the ppv was absolutey packed - most there to see Lesnars return

I myself am a huge Lesnar fan. I am pretty sad to see him go. I'm sure he'll enjoy his retirement. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and pretty much everyone there was talking about Brock Lesnar the whole time waiting for his fight, and ignoring the others. However, the place is just as it is for the other fights. With SF and UFC hw divisions merging soon, the UFC will be fine without him.

Quote:
-Nate put on a BOXING CLINIC in that fight. Love his combinations. Would have liked to have seen Cerrone capitalize on this leg kicks/foot sweeps though. I mean if you are clearly losing the stand up why not try some gnp?

I thought Cerrone should have kicked Diaz's legs a few times, everytime he knocked Diaz down. Would have helped him on the score cards. But it was an awesome fight and Diaz is a beast. However, he needs to work on defending leg kicks.

Quote:
-I dare say Johnny Hendricks H-BOMB is even more devastating than Hendo's. The WW division is by no means cleaned out of top contenders. GSP is in for some sleepless nights.

definitely not more powerful than hendo's. But its still fucking good. I really like Hendricks.

Quote:
-Gustafson looked great too, destroyed Vlad and Matt Hamill just as easily as Jones did. He's a future threat but I don't see him beating Jones at the moment.

that was the first time I've watched him. He looks good.

Quote:
-Gia Canarro? What a disappointment. This once hot babe now looks like a carpet munching dyke. Get rid of that hat and lose some weight lady.

I know wtf is with that hat? still fuck her though.

Quote:
UFC 141 was a 10 out of 10 for me......mma simply doesn't get better than this
.[/quote]

Totally agree fuckin awesome card.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:26 am 

It's Gina, and she is still hot!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 am 

A really awesome bunch of fights. Really looking forward to seeing Jim Hettes fight again as well.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 am 

Too bad to see Brock retire humbled like that, but he'll be all right. I do like John Fitch, but I was glad to see him knocked out by Hendricks. I'm getting tired of Fitch and GSPs inability to finish, and look forward to seeing Hendricks beat down GSP in the future. I'll still love GSP, but dude, finish a damn fight. Nate Diaz... Oh I want to see that shit-talking walking bad attitude humbled. He did indeed put on a boxing clinic on Cerrone, but it seems like everytime Cerrone touched him he hurt him. I don't know why Cerrone wasn't more aggressive, but I think if he would have been he could have easily won.

Gina Carano? Beautiful, as always. She always walks around heavier between fights, like most of the fighters do, and while I'll always prefer to see her in fighting shape, the girl is the most gorgeous thing in MMA. Lovely smile.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am 

I have no idea why people love Brock so much. He's just not that great of a fighter. He seems to me to be a guy who responds really well to strength training. None of his whopping 5 wins were spectacular and he looked like utter crap in each of his three defeats. No great names on his resume apart from an old as the hills and outweighed Couture.

Did he even have a 'prime'? His career has been too short and disappointing (especially compared with the hype) to determine what that might have been. I appreciate he's been sick but really, whatever.

An old roommate of mine maintained that Brock would destroy Fedor. Yeah right. Fedor would tie him in a double bow if he didn't knock his fucking head off first.

Hey, he made a bunch of money though, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 pm 

^You're pretty much right. Brock has been way over-hyped his wins are really not that great. But, lets pay a little respect man. Carwin, Mir, and Couture are not jokes. They are all great fighters. Brock's not the goat, but he won three UFC HW title fights. That's pretty legit if you ask me.

What's up with the comment about Fedor beating Brock? Look who Fedor's lost to recently. You realize Fedor hasn't beaten a top ten fighter since 2009? Two years ago, Fedor would have beat the shit out of Brock. But not today. Brock has been a LOT more impressive lately than Fedor. But why the fuck does it matter?

Brock retired. He had a pretty good and exciting fighting career. Most people either love him or hate him. He made a lot of money and sold a lot of ppvs. I know, that I first started watching the UFC, because of the popularity he gave the sport. I am very thankful to him for making me a fan of the sport. He's no GOAT, but he's an awesome fighter who never had a boring fight that wasn't worth the $44.95

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 am 

As long as a fighter did not have great striking, Brock could dominate just about anyone before Diverticulitis. He has definitely lost explosiveness since his disease. He was cat quick for such a big guy. However, he never had an answer for an explosive striker because his standup is crap. But, before his illness, I truly believe that he had the quickness to take AO down.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:06 am 

I wasn't so keen on Brock to begin with, but I admired his training ethic. The dude worked his ass off to his best. He took MMA seriously, getting better each time he stepped in the cage. I was looking forward to seeing how far he could take it. It's a shame that he became diseased; I would have liked to see him continue.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:27 pm 

I just got sick of hearing all this 'oh he's a Viking, he's a gentic freak, he's an ogre' shite from Dana White and then have to hear it again parroted by people who don't really understand the sport their watching. No doubt he's a strong guy with a work ethic but everytime someone laid it on him he went into that sad turtle defence thing that just made everyone embarrassed to be watching.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk