Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning

Post subject: Full Throttle Conditioning - Overview
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:45 am 
Site Admin

As requested, here is a breakdown of the video and manual. I will likely turn this into a separate web page soon for convenience.

Product Overview

* DVD Run Time = 1 hour and 48 minutes
* DVD includes 14 chapters
* Accompanying Manual – 90 pages (see link below for table of contents)

http://www.rosstraining.com/fullthrottletoc.pdf

Summary

This video is content based, but also goes hand in hand with the manual. Neither is intended to stand on its own. This video is 1 hour and 48 minutes. Topics such as program creation are commented on throughout the video (ex. why it makes sense to use an exercise, how it can be included within the plan, a discussion of various progressions, etc.).

In addition, the manual goes into much more detail regarding many of the discussed topics (ex. the science behind the program, with references to numerous studies, journals, etc.). There are also detailed sections regarding program creation, with sample templates. If you are confused about how to include conditioning within your weekly plan, the manual will answer these questions in detail.

DVD Chapter Breakdown

1. Introduction

The DVD begins with an introduction to my conditioning philosophy as a whole.

2. Importance Of Conditioning

This section includes a discussion regarding the importance of conditioning. This chapter serves as an answer to the question of why we need conditioning.

3. Jump Rope Training

Several jump rope turning styles are broken down in detail. Discussion is also included regarding the significance and relevance of jump rope training in general. After analyzing each turning style with specific instructions, a demonstration in full speed is also provided.

4. Introduction To Burpees

The burpee is analyzed in detail, with various progressions and styles discussed, as well as methods that can be used to ensure consistency when performing various challenges such as the 100 burpee challenge (ie. methods that coaches can use to ensure that each burpee is the same). For example, many burpee challenges involve jumps of various heights, making it difficult for athletes to compete against each other. This limitation is discussed, with several options included.

5. Burpee Variations

Several variations to the burpee are discussed in this section, using tools such as weighted vests, dumbbells, and sandbags.

6. Supplementary Conditioning Exercises

Several conditioning movements are discussed and demonstrated within this section. You will find exercises performed with bodyweight and several low tech tools. Information regarding the use of these exercises is also included.

7. Low-Tech Power Conditioning

This section details a power style of conditioning. Such a style is designed to train the athlete to display/exhibit power in the face of fatigue (a requirement of all combat athletes).

Several low tech tools are demonstrated within this section (ex. medicine balls, sledgehammer, resistance bands, etc.).

8. Demonstration of Power Conditioning

A sample circuit is demonstrated to give the viewer a feel for the intensity of effort that is required for this style of training.

9. Scriptless Training

Scriptless training is a conditioning style that breaks free from the traditional rep schemes found within most conditioning workouts. This style of training is discussed in detail, along with a combat athlete specific demonstration. Several odd-objects are also discussed within this section (ex. sandbag, waterball, keg).

10. Running Options

My thoughts regarding various running drills/styles are discussed here. Resistance bands are also discussed as an indoor alternative.

11. Non-Running Interval Options

Non-running interval training is discussed here (for those individuals not interested in running).

12. Unconventional Outdoor Running Options

Some outdoor running options are discussed here, which will allow the viewer to perform interval workouts without large areas of land.

13. Conclusion

Final thoughts regarding the video are included here.

14. Bonus Exercises

A few minutes of random exercise footage is shown here. Some extras are included as well.

Last edited by Ross Enamait on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Here is one recent review:
http://conditioningresearch.blogspot.co ... ottle.html

Please note that I have NO AFFILIATION with the reviewing site.

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Here are a few threads relevant to the program:

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewt ... 09&start=0

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewt ... 65&start=0

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewt ... 19&start=0

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:39 pm 

I ordered mine today. I have never, ever gotten something from Ross that was not absolute top flight stuff. To this day he is the greatest influence on my conditioning program.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:11 pm 

Just finished watching the DVD now...all i can say is mindblowing stuff...not tryna suck up to ross but i thoroughly enjoyed the entire duration of the DVD....my conditioning had lacked intensity and i was loosing the plot on conditioning.....just watching the DVD i cant wait til my next conditioning session, i have bags of ideas.

Thanks ross for the great product!

Post subject: Great DVD
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:15 pm 

Great resource Ross.... It really helped to expand my own thoughts on program design.... So where can I get an interval timer like the one you had in the dvd?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Great resource Ross.... It really helped to expand my own thoughts on program design.... So where can I get an interval timer like the one you had in the dvd?

Thank you.

As for the question, check the FAQ in the manual. This question is listed.

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 pm 

What does this offer to someone who has Infinite Intensity and Underground Warrior? Is there anything new or is it more of an introduction to conditioning?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
What does this offer to someone who has Infinite Intensity and Underground Warrior? Is there anything new or is it more of an introduction to conditioning?

In response to this question, I would first suggest reading through the first post under this thread. The DVD contents are listed by chapter. This will help to explain exactly what is contained within the program.

As for FTC vs. II, there is no logical comparison, as it truly boils down to apples vs. oranges.

II is a lengthy book (250 pages) that covers many topics (ex. strength training, conditioning, core training, program design, etc.). FTC is a visual DVD with a 90-page companion manual. This program is 100% dedicated to conditioning.

Per your question above however, FTC is not an introductory program. There are progressions available, with the more advanced being far from introductory. I use many of the methods from the DVD/manual with the pro fighters that I train. The research within FTC also goes into more detail when compared to II (but once again, from a pure conditioning standpoint, NOT strength training). FTC also contains more info regarding HOW to include/apply conditioning work to a fighter's weekly schedule.

There are many conditioning workouts listed within the manual that members of this forum have discussed on this message board. The more challenging routines are VERY challenging. I can say this firsthand as I tested everything personally.

In addition, it is difficult to compare a book to a video. For example, within a book, I may reference the jump rope, but on video I can show exactly how to use/progress with the rope. The same can be said regarding several burpee variations (I see that you asked a question about burpees on the board today).

Ultimately, many prefer to learn by seeing. Others are satisfied by reading, and don’t need to see demonstrations in real time, etc.

That is up to the individual however.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:45 pm 

Thanks for clearing that up.

Keep up the good work!

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning