Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Recipe Idea (Please respond)
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:53 am 

People are busy, but I just recently changed my eating habits (again) so I could use this file. I am trying all kinds of recipes, some I got from the free section of weight watchers website.

Guys don't get results by accident. If you gained a lot of strength and a lot of size, then you're doing something right. You might not know exactly what or why it works but it does. And discrediting those who get results because they don't know as much about training theory as you do is dumb.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 pm 

hey gang, i asked ross if he would let me compile & organize the RT recipe section, and he gave me the go-ahead. i'm going to do it in blog format which will be linked to the forum, and it will be mad quick searchable using labels like "breakfast" "lunch" "dinner" "entree" "sidedish" "snack" "soup" "dressings & marinades" "desserts" "healthy eating tip" "low fat" "high protein" "high carb" "grain free" "low carb" "paleo" "meat" "fish" "vegetarian" "smoothies" "juice" "fruits" "vegetables" "preworkout" "postworkout" and whatever other tags you think you might be interested in. (if someone could provide me with a good list of paleo exclusions/inclusions, i would appreciate it...)

i'm also going to do a list of key ingredients, so if you're wondering, say "what should i do with all this zucchini my neighbor just gave me?" you can go to the link, click on zucchini, and voila all recipes that feature zucchini will show up.

the other cool thing about a blog format apart from organization/searchability is that, if you try the recipe and like it, you can leave a comment so other people know its tested and true!

if you have any ideas for me, let me know. but i'm gonna get cracking using all the recipes that are posted in the recipe sticky to start with. it would be great going forward as you add recipes to the recipe sticky if you could include any tags you would like to see (i.e. paleo). it would also be crazy good if you could take a photo of your recipe so we have a really high quality product that everyone here enjoys using. also, if you are submitting a recipe from a book or online recipe, provide a link or reference the source and i will include that too.

people early on in this thread mentioned they would like to see certain ingredients BANNED from these "healthy" recipes. do you think we can agree on a (super short) list of things that should be excluded, or should we just let everyone use their best judgement? it seems to me that the vast majority of the recipes posted are pretty much free of things like white flour, sugar, artificial colors/flavors/preservatives, so maybe just let it be up to the authors discretion??

(don't worry, the crazy vegan chick is not going to censor your recipes. they will go into the list as posted, with very little editing from me apart from formatting-type changes. i'm just the editor/compiler, not the author... :mozilla_wink: )

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm 

Here's my breakfast smoothie recipe.

Edit: I realized I posted my recipe in the wrong thread, so I moved it to here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11902&p=620759#p620759

Last edited by Lui on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 pm 

jennifer wrote:
hey gang, i asked ross if he would let me compile & organize the RT recipe section, and he gave me the go-ahead. i'm going to do it in blog format which will be linked to the forum, and it will be mad quick searchable using labels like "breakfast" "lunch" "dinner" "entree" "sidedish" "snack" "soup" "dressings & marinades" "desserts" "healthy eating tip" "low fat" "high protein" "high carb" "grain free" "low carb" "paleo" "meat" "fish" "vegetarian" "smoothies" "juice" "fruits" "vegetables" "preworkout" "postworkout" and whatever other tags you think you might be interested in. (if someone could provide me with a good list of paleo exclusions/inclusions, i would appreciate it...)

i'm also going to do a list of key ingredients, so if you're wondering, say "what should i do with all this zucchini my neighbor just gave me?" you can go to the link, click on zucchini, and voila all recipes that feature zucchini will show up.

the other cool thing about a blog format apart from organization/searchability is that, if you try the recipe and like it, you can leave a comment so other people know its tested and true!

if you have any ideas for me, let me know. but i'm gonna get cracking using all the recipes that are posted in the recipe sticky to start with. it would be great going forward as you add recipes to the recipe sticky if you could include any tags you would like to see (i.e. paleo). it would also be crazy good if you could take a photo of your recipe so we have a really high quality product that everyone here enjoys using. also, if you are submitting a recipe from a book or online recipe, provide a link or reference the source and i will include that too.

people early on in this thread mentioned they would like to see certain ingredients BANNED from these "healthy" recipes. do you think we can agree on a (super short) list of things that should be excluded, or should we just let everyone use their best judgement? it seems to me that the vast majority of the recipes posted are pretty much free of things like white flour, sugar, artificial colors/flavors/preservatives, so maybe just let it be up to the authors discretion??

(don't worry, the crazy vegan chick is not going to censor your recipes. they will go into the list as posted, with very little editing from me apart from formatting-type changes. i'm just the editor/compiler, not the author... :mozilla_wink: )

This is an amazing idea. Send me a PM if you'd like some help.

"Ichiroo, you just become a Rosstraining legend." -- Keiran MacCarthy
(No, the context of this quote will NOT be explained.)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:00 pm 

ah I love cooking and would definitely like to steal too
few recipes off certain board members. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 pm 

yeah sounds a good idea ive been looking for something like this for a looong time!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 am 

Here is the site for the recipes:
http://rosstrainingrecipes.wordpress.com/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am 

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for everyone that has added recipes and helped put this together.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6EZE_rmsQs&feature=related

Old Workout Log
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25052

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am 

How do you add recipes?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:26 am 

Hello,
It sounds a great idea. I absolutely love cooking and would definitely like to steal a few recipes off certain board members! It could make for a very diverse selection of healthy recipes and i have my own created recipes which i could contribute here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation