Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Sports Talk

Post subject: Scotty Pippin on Lebron James
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:09 pm 

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... 179d04ipMP

I respect Scotty Pippin's opinion but its total bullshit. James is definitely an amazing player, but he hasn't even won a championship yet. Although i may be unable to say that in a few weeks.

IDK if there's any NBA fans here, but hopefully.

Post subject: Re: Scotty Pippin on Lebron James
 Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:11 am 

Lebron is ridiculously talented, but he will have to show me a lot more than talent, and do it for a lot of years, before ill say hes better than Jordan. IMO Jordan may be the best athelete of all time. He has 6 Championships, has won offensive and defensive player of the year, and was the most clutch player in any sport that ive ever seen. Im dissapointed in Pippens comments.

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:45 am 

I think pippen is mad because jordan is now rockin' a hitler mustache.

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am 

Lebron's not even the best player on his own team, let alone the best player in the league, and can't even come close to holding Jordan's jock. Pippen's got beef with Jordan and is just grinding an ax. He can't really believe that or else he's just gone crazy. Maybe that big shovel nose of his isn't allowing enough oxygen to his brain. How many times have you seen Jordan choke? How many times, with the game on the line, did Jordan stand up and deliver? How many times was he not the most dominate player on the court? How many times did you question Jordan's leadership? How many times did you question Jordan's desire? How many times did Jordan promote himself over his team? How many championships does Jordan have? Now ask yourself those same questions about Lebron. I think people should quit insulting Jordan by implying and/or outright suggesting that Lebron is even close to his ability, stature, and legend.

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 pm 

Skinsfan28 wrote:
Lebron's not even the best player on his own team, let alone the best player in the league, and can't even come close to holding Jordan's jock. Pippen's got beef with Jordan and is just grinding an ax. He can't really believe that or else he's just gone crazy. Maybe that big shovel nose of his isn't allowing enough oxygen to his brain. How many times have you seen Jordan choke? How many times, with the game on the line, did Jordan stand up and deliver? How many times was he not the most dominate player on the court? How many times did you question Jordan's leadership? How many times did you question Jordan's desire? How many times did Jordan promote himself over his team? How many championships does Jordan have? Now ask yourself those same questions about Lebron. I think people should quit insulting Jordan by implying and/or outright suggesting that Lebron is even close to his ability, stature, and legend.

:clap: :clap: :clap: i am skinsfanfan

no matter what Lebron accomplishes he will always be tarnished in my eyes

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:35 pm 

Magic Johnson's opinion on the matter http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/29749859

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 am 

Quote:
Lebron's not even the best player on his own team

I am far from a LeBron fan but can someone exlpain this to me??!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 am 

D Wade and Lebrons stat numbers are pretty much identical in every category yet D Wade plays on average 6 minutes less per game. So looking at it purely in a mathmatical sense, D Wade is producing the same numbers with less effort and therefore in my opinion D Wades the best player on thier team. Granted I may be looking at that through biased reasoning, but I think you can make a legitimate arguement that D Wade is the better player.

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 am 

Stats (which LeBron wins in just about every catagory) aside, its really tough to say Wade is a better player than James. Watch them play. The only thing that MAYBE Wade can do better is shooting from outside. Defense and passing arent even close. I am very anti-LeBron due to the way he acts (dancing, whining) during the games but you cant deny the skills he brings

BTW- Playing less minutes per game is a sign that you are a WORSE player, not a better one.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 am 

If you look at the stats Lebron is slightly better in most categories, but it's marginal. If they played equal time I'd say they'd be identical or flipped. I would say both players are pretty equal skills wise and production wise. Yet I ask you, who's the leader of that team? Who do the players and coaches look at to step up when the game is on the line? That to me has to go to D Wade and therefore, with everything else being equal, you have to say Wade is the better player on that team. Granted I'm not saying he's head and shoulders above Lebron, but leadership is important and that's something Lebron has never had. That's the basis of my statement.

ktob wrote:
BTW- Playing less minutes per game is a sign that you are a WORSE player, not a better one.

It's also the sign of a smart and lucky coach. The fact that he has enough tallent on his team that he can rest his star player so that he his rested and ready for the 4th quarter. :mozilla_wink:

- Earl Nightingale

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Sports Talk