Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Sports Talk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 am 

Wales have to be favorites for their semi against France now... very unfamiliar territory for us... but fuck it, bring 'em on!

Waaaaaaahhaaaay!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am 

Wales / Ireland game was great,well done to both. Flying start for the men in red and then withstood prolonged attack very well. I think Ireland ran out of steam a little allowing the younger Welshmen the win, fitness seems to be playing a lot bigger part in rugby thesedays with the pace of the game.
England / France game not in the same class as a spectacle as the above game but all credit to France, they outplayed England with much less mistakes. Interesting to hear Emile Ntamack after the game going on about the two faces of French rugby and how they had their game faces on for this match.
Sterner tests ahead for both these teams though and especially one of them.
Can't wait for this arvo,I'll be on the couch with beers and two games to devour.
Go Black.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 pm 
Australia v South Africa this afternoon should be a cracker. Australia are probably favourites based on recent clashes but I think we will have to play out of our skins to beat SA. SA look awesome at the moment and have a habit of grinding out hard games. We will win if we can match SA in the forwards but our powder puff tight five (except Vickerman who is a South African) will really struggle. If Genia gets quick ball I think we'll do it comfortably. If he's back pedalling all game we will lose.

Go the Wallabies!!

P.S. For those kiwis on the boards - why all the hate for Australia? It seems like you guys secretly hate us - insulting and spitting on our fans, turning out with 'Anyone but Australia' banners etc etc. I hope it doesn't come back to bite you guys on the arse when no more Aussies spend their tourist dollars in NZ. Frankly, I'm writing to our Primeminister requesting a dissolution of diplomatic ties with NZ! :mozilla_smile:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 am 

Great win by the Aussies, carrying on an impressive record against the Boks.Surprisingly enough the forwards came out on top against the SA pack with great work at the breakdown. Backs took a backseat really and Cooper was pretty ordinary, his passing was poor throughout the match and he looked at a bit of a loss with ball in hand.
Saying that, he's just as likely to have a blinder against the Blacks next week.
Hard won result for the Blacks with Argies playing well.Their inclusion next year in southern hemisphere comp will benefit both them and the game itself with the determination shown.Weepu's kicking was a bonus for Blacks and possibly worst game by Blacks in this comp but it was a step up in opposition for them.Tougher again next week against the Wallabies.
Rivalry between Black and Wallabies goes both ways and not every Black fan is as described by Mr gggleeson68.As an AB fan in Australia I cop a lot of flack when the team loses, but hey? So what! Swings and roundabouts innit. Good luck to both for next week but I'm still thinking Wales v All Black in final.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 am 
How did Australia beat the Boks? They dominated us the whole game and yet we snuck away with the points! Very courageous effort from our guys.

Quade Cooper was appalling. He did everything except lose the game for us. I give him a two out of ten performance rating.

Bring on the All Blacks in the semi-finals. The All Blacks, based on form, should kill us - but hey, this is a World Cup and the ABs have a poor World Cup record.

I'm hoping for a Wales v Australia final. Most likely be a Wales v All Blacks though.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:21 pm 

Going on form, Wales have to be big favourites against France. I really hope they do it but something in the back of my mind says France might have ablinder and pull it out of the bag. They didn't play that well against england and won. with that confidence i think they might go on to beat the welsh, but either way think it'll be a cracking game. (Think wales really need charteris back as he's been immense but also controls the lineout, an area France are superb at.

Oz v NZ could also be a blinder. Think the all blacks will have benefitted hugely from a tough game against argentina and will come out on top.

As for the final, if its

Wales v NZ = NZ win
Wales v Oz = Wales win
France v NZ = France win
France v Oz = Oz win

Exciting times!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:25 pm 

Blimey pheasant, you're right.... anybody's prize to take right now. This world cup has been cracking so far....

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 pm 

Rugby is crap! there's gotta be somethin' far wrong with a sport that has a ball that shape! a ball is supposed to be round! :think:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:28 pm 
:mozilla_smile:

As an ex-rugby we found that if we used a round ball it would get mixed up due to it being a similar size as our testicles. No such problem for you soccer players! :mozilla_cool:

P.S. If you guys used an oval ball it wouldn't fit in your handbags! Bwahhahhaahha

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:36 pm 
pheasantplucker wrote:
Going on form, Wales have to be big favourites against France. I really hope they do it but something in the back of my mind says France might have ablinder and pull it out of the bag. They didn't play that well against england and won. with that confidence i think they might go on to beat the welsh, but either way think it'll be a cracking game. (Think wales really need charteris back as he's been immense but also controls the lineout, an area France are superb at.

Oz v NZ could also be a blinder. Think the all blacks will have benefitted hugely from a tough game against argentina and will come out on top.

As for the final, if its

Wales v NZ = NZ win
Wales v Oz = Wales win
France v NZ = France win
France v Oz = Oz win

Exciting times!

A few big calls there! I can't see NZ losing this Cup, which brings me great pain as an Australian. However, Australia has a chance (albeit a small one) as the All Blacks are without Carter, Cooper is due for a big game, and the All Blacks are genuinely wary of the Wallabies.

If anyone can beat them it will be the Wallabies or Wales. I don't think the French will have a chance due to the pain the All Blacks suffered at their hands four years ago.

Wales are the team of the tournament for mine. They didn't even make the quarter finals in 2007 and now they look a likely chance for a Grand Final berth. If they make the finals they are a real chance for the World Cup. They were devastating against Ireland and they are playing like a top three country. It would be a fairy tale at the end of which New Zealand will implode as a country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Sports Talk