Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post subject: Is Chicken skin bad for you?
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:40 am 

Is it high in fat and cholesterol? :think:

Post subject: Re: Is Chicken skin bad for you?
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:39 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLTLrtbNsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wca ... re=related

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 am 

The answer to your question is NO. All the foods that are supposedly bad for you - milk, meat, eggs, butter, etc. have never ever been proven to be bad for you. What is bad is processed veggie oil, soy, margerines, and other fake, man-made foods and processed foods.

Think about it - the consumption of meat/butter/milk is down over the past 100 years but heart disease rates are up? Doesn't add up to me, nor to logical and honest thinking.

Several years ago I went vegetarian for about 5 years. My blood work and all health markers are much, much better now that I'm eating meat.

I have no issue with those that choose to be vegetarian at all. I completely understand it, but its not right for ME.

So long story short - enjoy that chicken skin! Its tasty for a reason.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHXXTCc-IVg

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 am 

ashylarry wrote:
Think about it - the consumption of meat/butter/milk is down over the past 100 years but heart disease rates are up? Doesn't add up to me, nor to logical and honest thinking.

What are you trying to say? So much has changed over the last one hundred years. A hundred years ago most everyone that died at an old age, died simply due to old age. How often was heart disease even able to be diagnosed? Blood pressure cuff testing machines are barely over 100 years old themselves and I imagine it took a while before they even saw widespread use.

Deadlift 480..585

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:18 am 

ashylarry wrote:

Think about it - the consumption of meat/butter/milk is down over the past 100 years

I seriously don't believe that people ate more meat 100 years ago. Back then most people couldn't even afford it that often.

Anyway, I still think eating the skin is ok. I do it all the time. It's not like I eat nothing but chicken so I don't care if that small bit of chicken skin once in a while has fat and cholesterol.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:46 pm 

Different people eat different things. Some people ate mostly meal, some people ate only vegetables. Heck, some people eat only fish (which they catch) and smoke weed these days. It's all good. However I have always been told that chick skin will icnrease your cholesterol so I have been avoiding it.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:56 pm 

Lui wrote:
ashylarry wrote:

Think about it - the consumption of meat/butter/milk is down over the past 100 years

I seriously don't believe that people ate more meat 100 years ago. Back then most people couldn't even afford it that often.

Anyway, I still think eating the skin is ok. I do it all the time. It's not like I eat nothing but chicken so I don't care if that small bit of chicken skin once in a while has fat and cholesterol.

meat consumption has grown BIG time. i don't feel like digging for figures, but it is crazy how much more meat we eat now.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:31 am 

I eat it no question. I am of the opinion white flour products sugar and rancid vegetables oils are the problem. And animal fats are nourishing.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 pm 

toptruck2 wrote:
I eat it no question. I am of the opinion white flour products sugar and rancid vegetables oils are the problem. And animal fats are nourishing.

+1

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:05 pm 

Even if it is bad for you, chances are good that you're not eating it often enough for that to make a difference anyway. I don't go out of my way to eat or not eat chicken skin, but I can count the times I've eaten it in the past year on one hand. Chances are also pretty good that the way the chicken is prepared has more to do with how unhealthy the skin is than the skin itself. For instance, if you bread and deep fry the chicken, the skin probably won't be so good for you.

Log.

"Just remember, until you shit while squatting, you dont have a chance of being as good as Albino." MrKasab.

"You lying slut. You're not fat at all." hobby.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation