Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning

Post subject: Looking for a gym in Orange County California
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm 

I am looking for a gym that does all the unconventional stuff like tire flipping, rope climbing, sandbag work, sledgehammer, etc. in Orange County. Can anyone recommend a good gym? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a gym in Orange County California
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:37 pm 

Don't know the answer to that as I do most of my training at home or at the YMCA in Lakewood. However, I live in Orange County and want to find somebody to train mma with, recreationally not competitive, etc.

The rope climbing I've done at an MMA gym in Bellflower near my job and I simulate it at the park with my son. Sandbags can be made easily using Ross's stuff although I've wanted to do it I just haven't yet.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 am 

John88 wrote:
I am looking for a gym that does all the unconventional stuff like tire flipping, rope climbing, sandbag work, sledgehammer, etc. in Orange County. Can anyone recommend a good gym? Thanks.

Crossfit. Most people are not a fan of them on here, but at least they get people off the couch. Google it.

#1 tool to get fit and stay fit is consistency!

For ANY thread/post that the person types "I don't have time..." followed by some excuse read this: Make Time

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 am 

Just a humble suggestion but I got a good deal on some used (and new) weights: plates, barbell, dumbbells, etc at "Play it Again Sports" on Katella/Los Alamitos in Los Alamitos. I wish I had tires, ropes etc but I think free weights are really good too. Plus, lately I've been doing towel chinups, etc which is similar to rope climbing. I have an IronGym at home which I got for $30 at Target years ago but I also do some of my training at local parks. There are a ton of parks in Southern Cali and today I used a park for inverted body rows among other things (i.e. thick bar pullups, jumping over obstacles, etc).

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Strength and Conditioning