Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Skills, Strategy, and Training

Post subject: new gloves smell horrible
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am 

I just bought a pair of everlast heavy bag gloves and they smell terrible. I can't say exactly what but maybe burned rubber or I don't know. Is there anything I can do to get that smell out, it filled the room when I opened them and wouldn't wash off my hands when I tried them on. Any suggestions? Right now I have them hanging in my basement and sprayed them a couple times with frebreze but its not doing the trick.

Post subject: Re: new gloves smell horrible
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:46 am 

Send them back!! New gloves are supposed to smell nice!!!!!! :mozilla_smile:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 am 

I had a pair of cheap Everlast boxing gloves and they smelled horrible. Horrible is too mild a word for the stench that came out of that package when I opened it up.

Anyway the smell went away after a while.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 pm 

Once you've properly broken them in they'll be ok.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:06 am 

I never had new gloves that smelled bad. But Brooklyn teacher knows what he's talking about. It's maybe just a question of breaking into them.
Then they'll smell old sweat and the stench will fill the room every time you'll open your bag. But that's a good smell just as long as it's your own sweat.
That's how I find my boxing gym even with my eyes closed, the smell of my sweat, mixed with my boxing mates sweat...mmm, delicious!

Harden up, will ya!!! Ha, ha!
:mozilla_laughing: :mozilla_laughing: :mozilla_laughing:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 am 

I actually bought some Everlast gear not so long ago. It's been a long time since i boxed but I wanted to go a couple of rounds on the pads with a friend and I live near to a Modell's... so I picked up a pair of focus pads. Right out the box they smelled atrocious and during the first session punches would send little gell beads flying everywhere. I was ready take them back but I have to admit, over the course of the first two sessions that went right away.

Not great gear by any means at all, (G+S make beautiful gear and it's basically handmade.) but it does the job for a guy who just wants to prance about and thump things in his mate's backyard at short notice.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Skills, Strategy, and Training